Saturday, September 13, 2008

Making Ma'amoul

So I am experimenting with different ma'amoul recipes, tried to do my own, but still not happy with the results. Honestlly, I really don't know what ma'amoul cookie is supposed to be like. The only exposure I had was to the store bought kind, which is much like the newton cookie. I really doubt authentic ma'amoul is that cakey. If you have a great recipe for ma'moul please pass it along.

But the real purpose of this post is to show you a cool Yemeni tool which is traditionally used to make ca'ak (a crumbly bread made with corn flour). But since it makes exceptional designs, it works for ma'amoul too! I had so many of different designs and sizes, though I don't know what happened to them. Anywho I wonder which tool is better, the Yemeni tool or the Shami tool? I seen the Shami one and it was with splinters and I can't figure out how one can remove the cookie. But the Yemeni tool has a 'button' on top which you puch to eject the cookie. Sigh, I should have bought a box full of these gems when I was in Yemen, maybe I would have sold them for a big profit. Hmm...

10 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

This looks like doodh peda (milk Peda) sweet of India. I sent u a mail. Please check out.

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

wow, nicely made...thanks too, for passing by my blog.

Anjum said...

nice recipe to try out!!!...ur ramadan special recipes are really good looking forward for more yemini recipes

Nazarina A said...

Sister,

This is indeed exquisite!!!This would win the award for culinary beauty. I have put your blog in my favorites, because when I get a chance later, I would love to link to you and "follow" you. Where does one get this tool?

Yasmeen said...

Eid-ul-Fitr Mubarak to you dear Nadaine!
Thanks for sharing your Ramadan favorites with us:)

maimoona said...

Eid mubarak
Nice recipes in your blog

Noor said...

I really need to get one of these makers. I live in KSA thats just ridiculous that I do not have one, lol.

Noor said...

Salams, so I made some mamoul yesterday and I really liked the recipe I used. It was so tastey. I like your shapes with this tool you have though better than the mamoul wooden tools, so stick to it. Mine were small so I liked the shape and it was pretty easy after I got the hang of it. I want to post the recipe but I left my camera at the in laws grrr.

Suresh Urs said...

Wow! These types of the recipe's i love to prepare and have it more. Nice recipe. I loved it alot. Thanks for giving such an nice recipe.

Unknown said...

Our Mission for AppOnLease is to ensure fast and quality food delivery to customers using mobile technology thereby making queuing orders simple for restaurants
AppOnLease is a Mobile Application for Food Ordering. Its a Food Ordering App designed by Loginworks Softwares Pvt. Ltd.